LMM Duramax Downpipe
-Horsepower & torque gains
-Less backpressure & lower EGTs
-Bolt-on fitment, no tuning required
- This product is not available for shipping to California
The LMM received a DPF system which added to the restrictions within the exhaust system. One of the biggest restrictions is in the factory downpipe which utilizes a crushed design that isn't great for exhaust gas flow. Restrictions in the exhaust lead to backpressure - backpressure puts negative pressure on the turbine wheel making it harder to spool and create boost. Furthermore it leads to increase exhaust gas and engine temps. Since the downpipe is directly connected to the turbo the backpressure it creates has the greatest impact on it.
Upgrading to a larger 3" LMM downpipe is the best exhaust modification to reduce backpressure and improve turbo efficiency. The reduction in backpressure allows the turbine wheel to spin more freely which improves efficiency and therefore results in great horsepower and torque gains. Furthermore it reduces stress on the turbo and lowers exhaust gas temps which creates a healthier and more reliable turbo and engine overall. The important of reducing backpressure is even greater when you are tuned and running above stock boost levels as it acts against the turbo and puts more stress on it as it tries to spool faster to hit the higher boost targets.
Our Boosted Performance 3" downpipe significantly outflows the factory pipe resulting in great performance gains and improved engine health. We utilize the highest quality 304 stainless steel to minimize any rust or corrosion and also feature a heat shield to help prevent heat transfer. Our downpipe is a direct bolt-on fitment and we believe is the best combination of price, quality, and performance on the market.
Duramax LMM Downpipe Upgrade Benefits:
- -Horsepower and torque gains (est. 10-20whp and 15-25wtq depending on mods and tuning)
- -Reduced exhaust backpressure
- -Increase exhaust flow velocity and scavenging
- -Improved turbo efficiency
- -Lower EGTs and overall healthier engine
Our downpipe won't provide very much in terms of sounds gains - for this you will want to consider getting a larger emissions-back exhaust system. While this will provide more sound gains the downpipe is the best part of the exhaust to upgrade for performance purposes.
BP Downpipe Features:
- -3" design, significant increase to flow over stock
- -Heat shield to prevent heat transfer
- -304 stainless steel, highest quality metal to prevent rust and corrosion
- -Direct bolt-on fit for factory and aftermarket exhausts
- -No tuning or additional mods required
- Item Requires Shipping
- 7.0 lbs.
- W16.0000” x H7.0000” x L24.0000”
- Free Ground Shipping Within The Continental US
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.