LBZ Duramax Downpipe
-Decreased exhaust backpressure
-Horsepower & torque gains
-Direct bolt-on fitment, NO TUNING required
- This product is not available for shipping to California
The stock downpipe on an LBZ is crushed and has bends in it that make it rather skinny and therefore restrictive to exhaust flow. Since the downpipe bolts directly to the turbo it has the greatest impact on performance and therefore makes a downpipe upgrade the best exhaust upgrade you can do on an LBZ.
The restrictive factory downpipe creates excess backpressure which then puts additional pressure or force against the turbine wheel, restricting turbo spool. By upgrading to a freer flowing downpipe we can reduce this backpressure which improves the turbochargers ability to spool and therefore increases its efficiency. These efficiency gains results in horsepower and torque increases in addition to lower EGTs and a healthier turbo. The benefits of a downpipe are compounded on tuned LBZ's that are running above stock boost levels as the backpressure reduction helps the turbo hit the highest boost levels with more ease.
Our Duramax LBZ downpipe upgrade is a larger 3." diameter 304 stainless steel pipe that is heat wrapped to prevent heat transfer. The stainless steel prevents any corrosion or rusting and then high-flowing 3" design maximize backpressure reduction and performance. No tuning is required for our downpipe and it fits all years of the LBZ.
Duramax LBZ Downpipe Benefits:
- -Approx. 15whp and 25wtq (when tuned)
- -Decreased exhaust backpressure
- -More efficient, healthy, and reliable turbocharger
- -Lower EGTs for improved engine health
Note that our downpipe will not provide any material sound increases. If you are looking for a deeper sounding exhaust (or more backpressure reduction) then we recommend also looking into a 4" or 5" exhaust system which will complement our downpipe well.
- -3" design - maximum flow and backpressure reduction
- -Direct bolt-on fit, no tuning required
- -304 stainless steel for rust and corrosion resistance
- -Heat wrapped to minimize heat transfer
- -O2 bungs for sensors (can be plugged)
- -Works with factory and aftermarket exhaust systems
- Item Requires Shipping
- 7.0 lbs.
- W16.0000” x H7.0000” x L24.0000”
- Free Ground Shipping Within The Continental US
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.